The Ronald McDonald Family Room gives parents the opportunity to rest while staying close to their child. Here, they can relax in a home-like atmosphere for a few hours and take care of themselves with a quick shower, a load of laundry, some snacks, and other necessities that might have fallen to the wayside as they care for their sick or injured child.
- Laundry Services (detergent and supplies provided, two units, one is ADA accessible)
- Shower (soap and toiletries provided)
- 4 sectioned off quiet areas with comfortable recliners
- Vending machines
- A work station with outlets for charging your laptop
- A large, open-concept living room with a fireplace and TV
- Children’s play area
Using the Family Room
Any family members of Children’s Hospital of Michigan patients are welcome to use the Family Room, even if they are not residents of Ronald McDonald House.
The Family Room is open and staffed from 8 am to 8 pm, daily. You are welcome to use any part of the Family Room space during that time.
Supporting the Family Room
This healing space is crucial for families going through the toughest time they’ll face together, and it’s made possible through the generosity of people like you. Click here for giving opportunities. If you would like to explore other ways you could help, please contact Director of Marketing and Development, Chrissy Cooper, at email@example.com or (313)745-9487.